SO, you finally booked a Boudoir shoot, BUT, now you have to come up with a story to keep it a secret from your significant other! This story-making ability definitely doesn’t come easy for most, so to help ease your mind as you prepare for your shoot here are some ideas on how to “omit the truth” and keep this a secret until you’re ready for the big reveal! These are all just suggestions, but the main things to think about when coming up with your story are:
Things to think about
- Reason for your Make-up being done
- Some sort of activity that takes all day, so they will not question the amount of time gone.
- Loop in a friend so if anyone questions you, you have backup!
- Come up with some “key moments” beforehand so if questioned you can have a quick answer.
- If you are sharing your location with them, make sure to pause it for the day of! Most importantly, don’t think too much about it, just keep it simple! The crazier the details, the more suspicious it may seem.
These are some quick ideas to get your juices flowing:
- If you are getting married soon, say you are going out with Bridesmaids to shop and get your wedding makeup trial. You can loop in your bridesmaids, and have a reason for having your make-up done.
- Girls day, or Spa day with the ladies.
- Visiting a friend for a day, or the weekend.
- Went to the mall for a day of shopping and the Sephora Make-up Guru roped you into a free make-up trial.
- Take a day off work, and don’t tell your significant other.
- For a stress free day, you can always tell them “I have a surprise planned for you and it’s going to take me most of the day to complete it. Please don’t ask me anymore questions.” This works like a charm.
If all else fails, don’t hesitate to let them in on the secret. If you are found out, tease them with a picture or two, and save the big reveal for the time of your choosing! Give them one or two pictures to fantasize about until getting to see the rest, they won’t know what hit them! If you don’t feel comfortable coming up with these little white lies, then just clue them in. They will be just as excited waiting for the pictures with you as they would be if you had been able to surprise them.
At the end of the day, this day is all about YOU and having fun! Do not stress about this aspect of the shoot and know that we are here for you if you need help coming up with a story!